2021 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 10:34:33 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] VOCs: "Pipeline Path Approved For Grumman-Navy Plume Remediation, " Bethpage, NY

Pipeline Path Approved For Grumman-Navy Plume Remediation
The Town of Oyster Bay and Northrop Grumman Corporation on Tuesday approved the opening of a path for pipes.

By Michael DeSantis
Farmingdale Patch (NJY)
February 11, 2021

BETHPAGE, NY — An agreement on a pipeline path to remediate the Grumman-Navy plume hot spot was reached on Tuesday by Oyster Bay Town Supervisor Joseph Saladino, the town board and the Northrop Grumman Corporation, the town announced.

Town roadways will be used to open a path for pipes from groundwater recovery wells at a hotspot of environmental contamination, known as RW-21, to a treatment plant on the Grumman property. RW-21 has been underway since 2016, according to Northrop Grumman.

"Environmental concerns have been going on for too long under the ground in our town," Saladino said via news release. "Thanks to years of collaboration between federal, state and town governments — along with the Bethpage Water District and surrounding districts — we have succeeded in forcing Grumman and the Navy to pay for these cleanups and follow the remediation plans designed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). We now take another important step forward toward remediating the plume by opening the path for pipes that will connect a hotspot of contamination to a treatment plant on the Grumman property."

…

For the entire article, see
https://patch.com/new-york/farmingdale/pipeline-path-approved-grumman-navy-plume-remediation

Executive Director