2021 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Larry Menkes <soundsynergy1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 22:42:56 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] AFFF in SE PA - The Harvard Study

Lenny,

I'm "The Water Guy" from the Warminster (PA) Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) (ret., but still working on water). This area of SE PA is probably the worst area for AFFF. WE have two Naval Air Installations that are a few miles apart. The Johnsville (NAWDC) and the Willow Grove JRB (one decommissioned and one partly active under the Air National Guard). Both trained extensively with AFFF, some within yards of occupied homes. We've had some of the highest readings in the country. I've been to most of the local public meetings and have learned the game the Navy (DoD) plays after initially accepting responsibility.  I've had contact with leaders in other places like Hoosick NY, and the story seems the same.

It's virtually impossible to remove it completely from the ground. The plumes are constantly on the move (4.5" a day in our area). There is usually latent surface contamination that is easily airborne and affects surface water, underground drinking water sources, tap water in our area and private wells. Many wells in our area have not been discovered and some have not been remediated rendering the homes unsaleable. In our area we've had to purchase at a premium non-detect water from a new, but distant treatment plant.

What the government fears is that compensating people who have clearly been harmed will cost billions if the faux EPA standard of 70 ppm is observed. If everyone who have readings above the 5 or so background body load will cost the DoD trillions.

While I was part of the Warminster EAC and created a large public event featuring Richard Clapp who worked with Phillippe Grandjean at the Harvard Chan School of Public Health. They were the ones who really blew the whistle on the dillemma. I have an unedited professional video of the event featuring Clapp via Skype.

What is especially disturbing is that Grandjean discovered the severity of ingestion while noticing that children with AFFF in their bodies had a reduced response when being innoculated with vaccines like DTaP and MMR. It makes me wonder if Covid 19 vaccines will have the same negative effect.

Larry Menkes NSBA USMM
Warminster Township Environmental Advisory Council: Founder & Chairperson emeritus
Veterans Green Jobs Initiative: CEO