2021 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:47:41 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUEL: Oahu water contamination

‘I feel like everyone else — outraged’: Calls grow louder for dismantling of Red Hill tanks

By Rick Daysog
Hawaii News Now
Dceember 12, 2021

HONOLULU - Dozens of activists, Native Hawaiians and concerned citizens protested the Navy’s contamination of its water system Sunday, demanding that it dismantle the Red Hill fuel tanks.

The protest in front of the headquarters of the U.S. Pacific Fleet Sunday morning was peaceful and there were no arrests.

“I feel like everyone else — outraged. The Navy has lied and denied about this issue for years,” said Andre Perez, of the Hawaii Unity and Liberation Institute.

“Now we’re in a catastrophe. Let’s not beat around the bush. This is a catastrophe. Our water wells may be damaged for good with jet fuel.”

See also
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/12/13/navy-dive-team-is-trying-to-remove-fuel-from-hawaii-water/
and
https://www.civilbeat.org/2021/12/how-the-red-hill-fuel-system-has-threatened-oahus-drinking-water-for-decades/