2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:36:26 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: "Justice for PFAS exposure races a ticking clock"

Justice for PFAS exposure races a ticking clock

BY SHARON UDASIN AND RACHEL FRAZIN
The Hill
January 25, 2022

First in a four-part series

Brenda Hampton says the heart attack she endured last month might be a blessing in disguise — a second chance at challenging a complex legal system that barred her from seeking compensation for years of renal failure.

“I'm thinking God is opening the door for me. I’ve got a feeling of that,” Hampton, the founder of Concerned Citizens of WMEL (West Morgan and East Lawrence) Water Authority, told The Hill.

Through her organization, also known as Concerned Citizens of North Alabama Grassroots, Hampton has been raising awareness about the severe contamination from “forever chemicals” — per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) — that have for decades plagued portions of Alabama’s Lawrence County, where Hampton lives.

…

For the entire article, see
https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/590622-justice-for-pfas-exposure-confronts-ticking-clock

—