2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 14:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, VETERANS: Michigan Congressmember reintroduces bill to "aid PFAS-exposed veterans"

‘Agent Orange of our generation:’ Bill would aid PFAS-exposed veterans

By Garret Ellison
MLive (MIchigan)
March 16, 2022

FLINT, MI — John Holly served at Wurtsmith Air Force Base for several years in the 1980s. He drank a lot of base water during that time, particularly while he lived inside a facility with nuclear-armed B-52 bombers at the ready outside.

Holly is proud to have served in Oscoda as a pilot in the world’s greatest Air Force, he said. But “at no time did I consent to the consumption of contaminated water.”

Holly stood with U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Flint, at the Hammerberg Memorial VFW Post 3720 in Flint Township on Tuesday, March 15 as the congressman announced the reintroduction of a bill that would expand health benefits for veterans exposed to toxic chemicals.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/03/agent-orange-of-our-generation-bill-would-aid-pfas-exposed-veterans.html

—