2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] VOCs, CONTRACTORS: "Bethpage [NY] Water District to Receive $49 Million to Treat Contamination"

Bethpage Water District to Receive $49 Million to Treat Contamination
Historic Consent Judgment with US Navy and Northrop Grumman Protects Water Supplies

LONGISLAND.COM
APRIL 12 2022

After years of claims and negotiations over water contamination emanating in part from US Navy and Northrop Grumman properties in Bethpage, NY, the Bethpage Water District (BWD), the United States, and the Northrop Grumman Corporation today filed a proposed Consent Judgment in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York resolving the matter.  As a result, Bethpage Water District will receive $49 million from the United States and Northrop Grumman to treat contamination from plumes tied to the Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant Bethpage and the Former Grumman Site.

"We appreciate the good faith negotiations on all sides that led to this historic settlement,” said John F. Coumatos, Chair of BWD Board of Commissioners.  “This is a big win for the Bethpage community, ensuring our ability to protect the quality of our drinking water.  And an even bigger win for our residents, empowering us to build and operate the best water treatment technologies available without placing those costs on them.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.longisland.com/news/04-12-22/bethpage-water-district-to-receive-49-million-to-treat-contamination.html

—