2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:42:49 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: New Orleans Naval Support Activity Facility (LA)

Neighbors fear not enough security as old Naval Base closes

by Britney Dixon
WGNO TV-News (New Orleans, LA)
July 11, 2022

NEW ORLEANS — One of the city’s largest safety hazards, the old Naval Support Activity Facility, was cleared out Monday morning.

“It was a wonderful place, but to come out here now and see how it looks, I can’t believe it,” said a neighbor, who did not want her face on camera.

…

Monday morning, dozens of people were pulled from the homeless encampment and relocated to start the long process of Joe Jaegger’s development plan.

“We anticipate that will be around $120 million with about 300 units of housing, a little more than 40,000 square feet of retail and commercial with a lot of parking and site improvements,” Director of Economic Development Jeff Schwartz said.

…

For the entire story, see
https://wgno.com/news/local/neighbors-fear-not-enough-security-as-old-naval-base-closes/

—