2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] VOCs, CONTRACTORS: New York settles with Northrop Grumman in Bethpage

News Release
Office of the Governor, New York State
JULY 13, 2022

Governor Hochul and Attorney General James Announce Formal Filing of Binding Consent Decree to Further Advance Full Containment of Navy-Grumman Plume
Northrop Grumman and U.S. Navy Both Formally Committed to Implement Historic Cleanup that Prevents Further Spread of Contamination
Northrop Grumman Agrees to $104.4 Million Natural Resource Damages Settlement to Advance Cleanup, Public Water Supply, and Aquifer Protection Projects
Work Already Underway to Protect and Restore Long Island's Sole Source Aquifer

Governor Kathy Hochul and Attorney General Letitia James today announced the filing of a consent decree with the court that formally requires Northrop Grumman to advance a comprehensive plan to contain and clean up the groundwater plume associated with the Northrop Grumman Bethpage Facility and Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant sites in Bethpage. The full containment of this groundwater plume will prevent the further spread of contamination to water supplies in neighboring communities and provide peace of mind to local residents.

"Every New Yorker deserves access to safe, clean water, and we will continue to advance bold, aggressive efforts to protect our environment and ensure it is free of contamination," Governor Hochul said. "With this historic agreement, we are delivering justice to Long Island communities that for too long have been negatively impacted by the groundwater plume, while holding polluters accountable for their actions. Ensuring the health and safety of our communities is among our highest priorities in this state, and we will continue to make sure there is a reliable, clean water source for all New Yorkers for generations to come."

…

For the entire release, see
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-and-attorney-general-james-announce-formal-filing-binding-consent-decree

—