2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 15:55:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUEL: Major Amanda Feindt and the Red Hill Underground Fuel Storage Facility (HI)

Mandy Feindt: “That's when I went mama-bear mode.”

By Pat Elder
August 22. 2022
Military Poisons

U.S. Army Major Amanda Feindt is one of 93,000 military members and their dependents who have been affected since 14,000 gallons of jet fuel at the Red Hill Underground Fuel Storage Facility leaked into the U.S. Navy’s drinking water on Oahu, Hawaii, in November 2021.

“When I raised my right hand, I knew there was inherent risk,” Feindt said of her oath to the military. “But our children and other family members did not. And now they’ve been poisoned.”

On December 8, Major Feindt (Mandy) received a notice from the Ford Island Child Development Center, where her children attended daycare, saying that the facility had been supplied with bottled water for weeks. That raised alarm bells for her because she knew it wasn't true. This is where her advocacy began - the fight for clean water for her children.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.militarypoisons.org/latest-news/mandy-feindt

—