2022 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 14:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITY, RADIATION, FORMER SITES: "Parents demand action after report of radioactive contamination at Florissant [MO] school"

Parents demand action after report of radioactive contamination at Florissant school

By Jesse Bogan
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
October 18, 2022

FLORISSANT — Parents waiting to pick up their children here Monday at Jana Elementary expressed a range of emotions in the wake of a new study that found elevated levels of radioactive contamination at the school.

One wanted the Hazelwood School District to be more transparent about the matter. Another said classes should be virtual. Scott Rose suggested going further.

“The school should be shut down until they know more,” said Rose, 46, waiting for his son, a second grader. “I am looking to put him in a different school because I don’t want him here. It’s not safe.”

But going private would be a hardship. Rose mows lawns for a living. His wife is a receptionist. For now, he said, he wrote an email to Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., to help the situation.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/parents-demand-action-after-report-of-radioactive-contamination-at-florissant-school/article_ad713942-a294-5192-8a6e-ab06e8f01c30.html

—