2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 11:22:14 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MUNITIONS, FORMER SITES: Fort Totten Park (DC)

Del. Norton pushes more testing at Fort Totten Park after 2020 discovery of empty WWI shell

by Neal Augenstein
WTOP (Washington, DC)
February 8, 202

There’s a new push to investigate Fort Totten Park in D.C. for the possible link between the 2020 discovery of an empty World War I shell and the decadeslong Spring Valley cleanup of chemical weapons.

Last year, D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton said she was assured no other evidence of weapons or safety concerns had been found.

“They assured they have done a very thorough search of the entire area,” Norton told WTOP in March 2022. “That’s all I have to go on, and I’m going to have to hold them to it.”

Now, Norton has asked the director of the National Park Service to dig deeper — literally, and figuratively.

…

For the entire article, see
https://wtop.com/dc/2023/02/norton-pushes-more-testing-at-fort-totten-park-after-2020-discovery-of-unexploded-wwi-shell/

Executive Director