2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 11:31:04 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUNDING: "Record budget helps Air Force tackle environmental issues"

Record budget helps Air Force tackle environmental issues

By Natalia Perez
Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center
April 22, 2023

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas --  The Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center is bringing this year’s “Invest in Our Planet” Earth Day theme to life as the center’s global environmental team continues to support innovative restoration projects driven by a record-high budget.

For fiscal year 2023, Congress allocated $749 million for Department of the Air Force environmental restoration actions. Within AFIMSC’s Air Force Civil Engineer Center, the environmental directorate is putting $574 million to work at active installations while the Base Realignment and Closure program spends $175 million for restoration at closed installations.

"We are grateful for the continued support which has allowed us to fund critical environmental projects across the enterprise," said Kenny Johnson, AFCEC environmental restoration program management chief. "With these funds, we can continue to invest in sustainable practices that benefit both our mission and our planet."

…

For the entire release, see
https://www.afimsc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3370806/record-budget-helps-air-force-tackle-environmental-issues/

—