2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 15:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: "Residents with contaminated water near Yakima Training Center [WA] still waiting for solutions"

Residents with contaminated water near Yakima Training Center still waiting for solutions

By SANTIAGO OCHOA
Yakima Herald-Republic (WA)
May 21, 2023

More than a year after finding out her home's well had high levels of toxic chemicals, Brandi Hyatt and her family in East Selah have adapted to using bottled water for everything from brushing their teeth to filling their dog’s water bowl.

“As far as daily life goes, everything is worked around the bottled water,” said Hyatt while sitting at her dining table. “It’s part of everything we do. We use it to drink, to cook, to brush our teeth. Anything that comes out of a tap is fully contaminated. We don’t even shower here.”

The Hyatts are not alone. Their home was one of 12 on their cul-de-sac that tested high for the toxic chemicals. In total, more than 80 households in East Selah were informed by the U.S. Army over the last two years that their private water wells were contaminated with dangerous levels of PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/local/residents-with-contaminated-water-near-yakima-training-center-still-waiting-for-solutions/article_c5267e58-f4d6-11ed-be0b-dbb4423c83a2.html

—