2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 17:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, REUSE: "Marquette County Board of Commissioners approves additional funds for K.I. Sawyer PFAS removal"

Marquette County Board of Commissioners approves additional funds for K.I. Sawyer PFAS removal

By Justin Van't Hof
WLUC TV-6 News (Upper Michigan)
August. 7, 2023

MARQUETTE Mich. - The Marquette County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to approve additional money to assist in PFAS removal at K.I. Sawyer.

The board approved another $820,000 to continue contracting Synagro to remove contaminated water from the Industrial Lagoon at the former K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base.

The county has already spent about $3.3 million on the project, but the estimated grand total to complete is now a little over $4 million. While the county is still applying for $1.5 million in federal aid to supplement this increase in cost, the $820,000 will allow the project to move forward without pause.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2023/08/07/marquette-county-board-commissioners-approves-additional-funds-ki-sawyer-pfas-removal/

—