2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 18:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: "Truckloads of contaminated soil from Coldwater Creek [MO] bank hauled to disposal facility"

Truckloads of contaminated soil from Coldwater Creek bank hauled to disposal facility
As of last Friday, a spokesperson with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said it had removed 301 truckloads of contaminated soil.

By Justina Coronel
KSDK TV-5 News (St. Louis, MO)
September 8, 2023

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — "Every challenge is an opportunity to grow.”

That was the message in front of Jana Elementary for months following a tumultuous time.

Now, the sign is removed altogether.

Jana PTA President Ashley Bernaugh reacted to the removal Friday afternoon, after seeing the sign gone for the first time.

"I think it's a big sign that this is a big change for this community. Potentially Jana is gone, we don't know, but the proof is in the pudding," Bernaugh said.

For the entire article, see
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/special-reports/radioactive/coldwater-creek-jana-elementary-contaminated-soil-removal/63-abd11d45-3c66-4c14-9973-9c1ef2b0a2ca

Lenny Siegel
Executive Director
Center for Public Environmental Oversight
A project of the Pacific Studies Center
LSiegel@cpeo.org
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042
Voice/Fax: 650-961-8918