2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 13:47:24 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS, VETERANS: "Blood tests reveal PFAS among servicemembers as Congress pushes for action"

Exclusive: Blood tests reveal PFAS among servicemembers as Congress pushes for action

by CHRIS DANIELS, ANDREA NEJMAN and ALEX BRAUER
Spotlight on America
November 9, 2023

WASHINGTON (SOA) — There’s a growing national conversation about toxic chemicals known as PFAS, as federal health bodies take action to address contamination and assess health risks. We first reported on a new study linking a PFAS chemical to testicular cancer earlier this week. Now, in an exclusive report, we examined new data about PFAS found in servicemembers’ blood and new efforts in Washington to get care and compensation for those exposed.

Retired Air Force firefighter Kevin Ferrara remembers working with AFFF, firefighting foam we now know was made with PFAS, toxic forever chemicals that have been tied to a host of health problems including cancer.

"They told us it's soap and water and we believed it," Kevin Ferrara told Spotlight on America. "We slathered ourselves in this stuff, it came into contact with bare skin and eyes, nose and mouth."

…

For the entire story, see
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/spotlight-on-america/exclusive-blood-tests-reveal-pfas-among-servicemembers-as-congress-pushes-for-action-from-dod#

For the Report to Congress, see