2023 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 20:21:24 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: New Mexico National Guard facility, Santa Fe, NM

County vows to help address PFAS contamination of private wells

By Maya Hilty
Santa Fe New Mexican
November 15, 2023

Jose Villegas, a resident of the La Cieneguilla Land Grant, attended a Santa Fe County government meeting Tuesday — his first time since 1992.

That’s because he is “livid” that a nearby New Mexico National Guard facility might have polluted communities south of Santa Fe with chemical compounds linked to cancer and did not notify them about the possible water contamination, he said.

“How much PFAS chemical have I, my wife, my children and my grandchildren already digested since … February?” he asked during Tuesday’s County Commission meeting, referring to the date the National Guard published a report saying its facility had contaminated groundwater with perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl, substances known as “forever chemicals.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/county-vows-to-help-address-pfas-contamination-of-private-wells/article_c7abc976-8310-11ee-a167-4bda59b77c5a.html

—