1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Alan Hipolito <alan@teleport.com>
Date: 20 Nov 1998 10:48:23
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Brownfields '98 in LA

Dear EJ folks,

I hope this message finds you well and settling back into your home
routines.  I write for a couple of reasons, although that number could
grow as this message progresses.  First, I just wanted to say how
amped/excited I was coming out of the community caucus on Tuesday.  It
was truly a blessing to receive and share the collective wisdom of our
brownfields experiences, to look around the table and see so many people
of all different genders, races, and ages who have dedicated themselves
to their communities' futures.

Second, I'm going compile my notes from the workshops I attended.  I
figured I would put them on the listserve so that others who might have
skipped a particular workshop in favor of another could get some info on
the former.  I woudl greatly appreciate it others could do the same,
especially the Title VI workshop, and some others which I can't recall
now but will include as a wish list when I submit the notes.

Third, I'm wondering whether any of you will be at the NEJAC in Baton
Rouge or in Austin, TX at the SmartGrowth conference?  Both are in
December, NEJAC in Week 2 and SmartGrowth in Week 3.  If so, please let
me know and maybe we can hook up to discuss brownfields or other EJ
issues.  We have two other programs here at the League: a lead poisoning
prevention program and a regional growth planning program.  I'm
particularly interested in whether an of y'all are involved in your city
or region's growth planning efforts.

Again, great to meet you all and thank you for sharing your wisdon and
experiences. I hope we can put them to good use.

Regards,

Alan Hipólito
Urban League of Portland