1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: CHELSEA ALBUCHER <ALBUCHER.CHELSEA@epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:30:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: RE: Minority Business Enterprise -Reply

Deb --

As you probably know --somewhat outside of the Pilot, the Dudley Street
Neighborhood Initiative(Boston) linked a close the gap approach and
micro-enterprise support to its Pilot activities via an EJP2 grant to Working
Capital, MA.

I agree, broadly your assumption appears to be correct.  However, SBA
and DOL are participating on various BF Interagency efforts - so looking
forward - there may be opportunity to address this.  In fact SBA has
small business support centers in many BF Pilot cities - I am not aware if
active links are being made between these centers and the Pilot activities
.

FYI - As follow-up to the CEQ-NY EJ meeting last March - SBA NY office
is holding Sustainable Business Development workshops in NY, I believe
in EJ communities.    I don't have specific details - but will forward if they
come my way.

Chelsea Albucher