1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Cynthia Warrick" <cwarrick@howard.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:47:11 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Minority Business Enterprise

Hi Deborah,
The inclusion of minority businesses as part of Brownfield projects is
dependent upon the amount of public participation from the minority business
community in the town or city where the pilot project is located.  I think
you may find examples of minority business participation in the cities where
there are Black Mayors, such as Baltimore, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas,
etc. . .  Most businesses, however, may not identify themselves as minority
businesses per se, since the
Brownfields program doesn't really require minority business participation.

Cynthia Warrick, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Howard University