2000 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: solitare@eden.rutgers.edu
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:27:28 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] brownfields reading list suggestion -- please advise.

Hi --I would like the help of this list's participants.  I will be
teaching a course on brownfields redevelopment and urban revitalization
later this summer.  It is a graduate level class in our school of urban
planning and policy development.  I am going to focus the class on case
study work in the local town, New Brunswick -- were we have several
abandoned industrial sites that the local government ignores.

Anyway,  I would like suggestion/advise on any literature you think is
really worth having students read -- I have not yet decided if I will
use a "text" book and articles, or just articles.   What have those of
you who teach found useful for students?  Please, if you think of
anything that is really informative, as opposed to soley case-study, I
ask you to tell me about it.

Thanks,

Laura Solitare
work:(732) 932-4101 ext 672
Center for Neighborhood and Brownfields Redevelopment;Rutgers University
33 Livingston Avenue Suite 100
New Brunswick, NJ 08901