2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Jun 2004 23:59:13 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Kitsap County (WA) Brownfields Projects

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieRa8xCZRa/UOP

GORST CLEANUP
EPA grant boosts shoreline

Another $600,000 is slated to address environmental concerns.

Bremerton Sun (WA)
By Travis Baker
June 17, 2004

Another $600,000 to help clean up contaminated former industrial land in
Gorst and the Charleston Beach area of Bremerton will come to Kitsap
County from the federal Environmental Protection Agency.

Kitsap County Commissioner Jan Angel announced approval of the grants,
$400,000 of which will be spent cleaning two sites in Gorst, during a
Tuesday meeting of agencies with a stake in Gorst?s future.

The money will come from the federal brownfields program. It has
provided previous grants to the effort to turn Gorst from a decaying
industrial center into host for a nature preserve.

Eric Baker of the county Department of Community Development, said
$400,000 from the grant will go to cleaning up the site of a former
wrecking yard just west of the railroad overpass in Gorst, and a former
concrete plant on the other side of the inlet. It is marked by a rusting
metal gravel loading tower between Bay Subaru and the Mattress Factory.

for the entire story, see
http://www.thesunlink.com/redesign/2004-06-17/local/20040617004.shtml

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTaVxieRa8xCZRf/ExpertCity