2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Jul 2005 17:08:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Dickson County (TN) TCE

Flakes leave county amid water issues

New water lines nearly completed

By Teri Burton
Dickson Herald (TN)
July 29, 2005

Ray and Cathy Flake are leaving Dickson County, but not because they
want to.

The Flakes and their six children are in the process of moving from
their five-bedroom, four-bath home on 22 acres on Bruce Road in Dickson
after they discovered Bruce Spring was contaminated and they were in the
risk area for water contamination from the old Dickson County Landfill.

"That was our dream home," Ray Flake said. "We subcontracted most of the
work out but there was a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into
that house. It breaks our hearts but with all the things that have gone
on we don?t have a choice."

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050729/MTCN0201/307290024/1297/MTCN02