2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 21:02:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Wilhold property, Sudbury, Pennsylvania

Moran buys Wilhold site

By John Finnerty
Sunbury Daily Item (PA)
January 13, 2006

SUNBURY - The former Wilhold property in Sunbury has been purchased by
Moran Industries, based in Watsontown, for $200,000, court records show.

Last July, the Susquehanna Industrial Development Corp. obtained a
$173,500 grant to conduct a study looking at the feasibility of
redeveloping the property, said Kurt Kissinger, executive director of
SIDCO and president and chief executive officer of the Greater
Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce. Part of that money was used to
conduct engineering studies of the site, the results of which have been
shared with different potential buyers, including Moran Industries, over
the last few months, Mr. Kissinger said.

"We're always interested in working with entities who are looking at
adaptive uses of brownfield sites," he said. "Our role was to facilitate
the process and open our books to make the information gained about the
property available to prospects."

"Brownfield redevelopment is new to the chambers of commerce and
economic development organizations in Central Pennsylvania, but going
forward, this is not going to be the exception, it's going to be the
norm," he said. "We're going to have a round-out meeting next week for
the task force to discuss our findings and what we learned because we're
going to look at another brownfield soon."

http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2006/0113/local/stories/01local.htm