2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 23 Mar 2006 14:11:58 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Assessing vapor risks in Norco (CA)

Toxic plumes: Residents view maps
State officials answer concerns about testing, cleanup

By Amy Frye
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (CA)
March 23, 2006

NORCO - They huddled around nine large poster boards showing maps of the city and diagrams of its schools, looking to find their home or child's classroom.

But even when residents found what they were looking for Tuesday night, some were unsure about what it all meant.

Were those living outside the plotted plume of contamination safe? Were those inside the U-shaped plume in danger, and if so, what should they do now?

"I'm trying to determine whether to pull my daughter out of Norco High School and my son from Norco Intermediate next year," said Sean Oliver, a resident who attended the community meeting at the Learning Center South building.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3630211