2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 Apr 2006 06:26:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Model examples of Sustainable Brownfields?

Hi Lenny.

Quick question if you were asked to identify 3 or 4 of the best examples nationwide of brownfield projects that best met the principles of sustainable development -- which ones would it be?

I'm in Europe and perhaps you could pose this to the CPEO list, since my emails will bounce via the webportal address I use on the road.

US EPA talks alot about this, and the Phoenix Awards are supposed to be the best of the best, yet I wonder if it measures up for most of the list serv members in the truest sense of the term "sustainable development." It seems the equity component is often quite weak....

Look forward to the comments....

Kind regards,

Bob

--