2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 4 May 2006 05:14:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Better Environmental Solutions for Trenton" (NJ)

News Release
Better Environmental Solutions for Trenton

Quarter Billion Dollars in Redevelopment in NJ's Capital City to Be Showcased by Better Environmental Solutions for Trenton (BEST)

BUSINESS WIRE
May 3, 2006

TRENTON, N.J.--The City of Trenton has cultivated over a quarter billion dollars of privately-funded redevelopment in the past year. This is an unprecedented achievement considering that many had written off New Jersey's 7.5 square mile capital as a city that no longer lived up to its world famous slogan "Trenton Makes, The World Takes." Recognizing that most of this activity is happening under the radar, on Wednesday, May 17, at 4pm, Better Environmental Solutions for Trenton (BEST) will present a public forum called "Emerging Developments in Trenton" at Thomas Edison State College. Mayor Douglas H. Palmer will present the keynote address which will be followed by a presentation highlighting a dozen redevelopment projects by the city's Division of Economic Development.

"Because of our ongoing involvement in the city's award-winning Brownfield redevelopment activities and our close working relationship with the city's Division of Economic Development, we are aware of many new projects, whether they are on previously contaminated property or on clean property," says William Muzychko, Chair of the BEST advisory group, "and we recognize the value of communicating the details of pending projects to the community at large and other interested individuals. To assist in this, BEST has teamed with co-sponsors the City of Trenton, Thomas Edison State College, and Westrum Development Company to present this public forum."

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060503005931&newsLang=en