2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 21:52:50 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: Events from Colorado Brownfields Foundation]

From: 	Joe Cox <joe@coloradobrownfieldsfoundation.org>

Colorado Brownfields Foundation (CBF) has two announcements that might be of interest to your members/colleagues. If you are able to post either one of these events in a newsletter or online calendar it would be much appreciated. CBF thanks you in advance for your support! Don't forget- CBF can post announcements on its website under the Notices section.

Colorado Brownfields Conference 2006: City-Wise Solutions and Small town
Tactics

October 27, 2006

Arvada, CO

Focused on redevelopment and economic development opportunities, the
conference features presentations on recognizing infill opportunities,
financing, grant funding, and market positioning.  Topics include:
creating business ready sites; real estate development/investment; local
land use issues; TOD; meth lab issues; mining reuses; and historic
preservation.  The conference will include Local and national speakers.
CLE and CO real estate continuing ed credits available.  For more
information visit www.ColoradoBrownfieldsFoundation.org
<http://www.ColoradoBrownfieldsFoundation.org> or call Joe Cox at
303-962-0941.

Environmental Due Diligence Grants

CBF is seeking communities that are proactively pursuing economic
development opportunities.  Property transactions often require
environmental due diligence to inform decisions, enable financing and
provide liability protections to buyers.    For selected sites the EDD
Grant Program will conduct a Phase I Environmental Assessment on a
property or multiple properties in support of transactions.  Property
may be publicly or privately owned, however the grant request must come
from the local governmental authority.  The EDD Program is being
implemented by the Colorado Brownfields Foundation, a Colorado nonprofit
corporation.  www.coloradobrownfieldsfoundation.org
<http://www.coloradobrownfieldsfoundation.org>

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Joe Cox
Program Director
Colorado Brownfields Foundation
Phone:  303-962-0941