2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 4 Nov 2006 09:01:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Pennsylvania "Growing Greener II"

Press Release
Source: Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
November 3, 2006

Pennsylvania Governor Rendell Announces $2.6 Million Investment for Brownfield Site Redevelopment in 7 Counties

HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Governor Edward G. Rendell announced today a $2.6 million investment through Growing Greener II that will help finance nine major brownfield redevelopment projects in Pennsylvania, including $1 million to support construction of new housing and a community recreation complex at the former Armstrong World Industries manufacturing site in Lancaster.

"We can grow our economy, create new opportunities for our working men and women, and improve the environment by cleaning up these abandoned industrial sites," Governor Rendell said. "Making these sites 'shovel ready' improves Pennsylvania's competitiveness in attracting investors and stimulating development, which is great news for our economy and our residents."

Governor Rendell designated the Armstrong World Industries site for Brownfield Action Team assistance in February. BAT accelerates redevelopment deals and gives investors the incentive they need to clean up contaminated industrial sites. BAT projects typically get permitted in half the usual time.

For the entire release, see
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061103/ph00501.html?.v=1

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org