2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 2 Dec 2006 21:22:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] TCE in homes, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

At Northstar's mercy

Opinion by Debbie Vitez Cambridge Times (ONT) December 1, 2006

Why has the Cambridge Times, our local paper, played down what has gone on in the Northstar-contaminated area?

Does anyone in your office know or care what is going on over there? Why hasn't our local paper ever sent a reporter over to interview the people living on top of a very toxic plume? I travel all over our city and no one has a clue as to what has gone on over there.

City hall doesn't even know how large the plume is. Is this fair to those of us who have had to be uprooted because of it?

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/cam/viewpoint/viewpoint_673149.html

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org