2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 22:17:51 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Minue School, Carteret, New Jersey

Carteret to test soil near school

By RICK HARRISON
New Brunswick Home News Tribune
December 14, 2006

CARTERET — An environmental consultant will probe the soil around Minue School Saturday to determine the extent of elevated levels of arsenic discovered by the Middlesex County Health Department last week.

"We can't rush to judgment yet," said Lawra Dodge, president of Excel Environmental Resources Inc. of North Brunswick. "We are seeking to get more information."

The Carteret Board of Education hired Excel Monday to dig deeper into the soil around Minue School, where the county's consultant discovered two out of three samples with excessive concentrations of the poisonous heavy metal arsenic.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061214/NEWS0102/612140381/1005

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org