2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2007 00:44:10 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Dearborn Heights, Michigan

Click here to return to the Press and Guide
City streamlines brownfield redevelopment

Officials working to get Walgreens at Ford-Beech Daly site
By Sean Delaney
Dearborn Press & Guide (MI)
September 26, 2007

DEARBORN HEIGHTS - A new, streamlined application process could make it easier for new businesses to set up shop in areas designated as potential brownfield sites, according to Tax Increment Finance Authority Director Carmine Oliverio.

"The application process will now be able to tell us almost everything we want to know about a potential project, including costs, site plans and benefit to the community," Oliverio said.

"This will allow us to look at and evaluate individual projects much easier, and to determine whether those projects meet our criteria for a brownfield site."

http://www.pressandguide.com/stories/092607/loc_20070926004.shtml