2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:06:19 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Harris Milling, Cadillac, Michigan

What's next with Harris Milling property?

Cadillac News (MI)
January 24, 2008

CADILLAC - By the middle of summer, there is a good chance the former
Harris Milling building near the corner of Mitchell and Chapin streets
will no longer be in existence.

After submitting an application for a grant and low interest loan
through a brownfield program, the next step for the City of Cadillac is
addressing the contamination issues and then finding an interested party
to develop the site.

"We did the testing and it is confirmed that the area is contaminated,"
said Cadillac Assistant City Manager Precia Garland. "There is soil and
water contamination and regardless of the future site use, we must
address the concerns as part of due care. Our goal is to address the
contamination and the liability associated with it to make the site
equal to a greenfield."

http://www.cadillacnews.com/story_news/?story_id=174284&year=2008