2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:57:39 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] New York legislative reform

Brownfield program reforms near
ALBANY RALLY: Officials pushing for 20% tax credit, single state agency to administer efforts

By TOM WANAMAKER
WATERTOWN DAILY TIMES (NY)
MAY 21, 2008

ALBANY — New York state's program to clean up brownfields could receive new energy before the state Legislature ends its session next month.

Activists and local officials from around the state converged on Albany on Tuesday to push for a two-part fix to the program, known as Brownfield Opportunity Areas.

"We are here at a time when negotiations to fix the state brownfield program are getting under way," said Jody Kass, co-director of New Partners for Community Revitalization, an advocacy group for community development. "We want to remind lawmakers and state agency officials that just a few significant reforms will have a great impact on public health, community redevelopment and economic growth across the state."

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20080521/NEWS01/133929261