2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Carbone of America’s Ultra Carbon Division, Bay City, Michigan

Granholm announces jobs for Bay City

WEYI NBC25 News (Clio,MI)
September 23, 2008

LANSING -- From the Office of Governor Granholm:

Governor Jennifer M. Granholm today announced state support for improvements to Carbone of America’s Ultra Carbon Division at 900 Harrison Street in Bay City. The $11.5 million project will add 65 new jobs and retain 126 jobs.

The project includes demolition and reconstruction of a functionally obsolete portion of the existing Carbone plant and purchase of new manufacturing equipment, including additional furnaces. Also included is reconstruction of a deteriorated section of Harrison Street between 32nd and 38th streets and underground utility improvements to accommodate the expansion.

"The use of the state’s brownfield incentives to support this renovation and expansion by an international leader in the electronics industry is one of the purposes for which this program was enacted," MEDC President and CEO James C. Epolito said. "We appreciate the support of our Bay City partners in making this project possible."

For the entire story/release, see
http://www.weyi.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=196520