2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Endicott Forging site, Endicott, New York

Endicott Forging to be Demolished Beginning Today

By WBNG TV News (Binghamton, NY)
September 23, 2008

State and local officials gathered at the site of the former Endicott Forging facility on North Street and Hayes Avenue in Endicott today to announce the beginning of the demolition and cleanup process on the property. Last year, the Village of Endicott applied to the State's Restore NY Communities Initiative program and was awarded $800,000 to clear the site of the aging, dilapidated buildings.

"This area has long been an eyesore for our community and a drain on the overall landscape," said Endicott Mayor John Bertoni. "Without these Restore NY funds, we could not have cleaned up this site. We are thankful to New York State for this important program and we look forward to finally having this corner of our Village cleared and ready for new development."

"The demolition of Endicott Forging will be the fruition of a substantial amount of work on the part of the County and I expect it to be the first of several successes from our on-going brownfield program," said Executive Barbara J. Fiala.

Broome County committed $50,000 of county brownfield cleanup funds towards this cleanup effort.

For the entire story, see
http://www.wbng.com/news/local/29620704.html