2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: lsiegel at cpeo.org (Lenny Siegel)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:32:37 -0800
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] WaterWheel Centre, Northville, Michigan

The WaterWheel Centre is a classic example that not all old buildings
are blight.

Jon Zemke
Metromode Media (MI)
January 22, 2009

Eyesore is what a lot of local residents saw when they looked at 235 E
Main St. after Ford pulled out of it. The Albert Kahn-designed building
had fallen a long ways since Henry Ford commissioned it as one his last
community industry buildings. This factory, which once made the valves
in every Ford for the heart of the 20th Century, stood empty when
Richard Cox found it in 1994.

"They actually were thinking of tearing the building down," Cox says. "I
rebuild cars and when I saw the building I knew it was a diamond in the
rough."

http://www.metromodemedia.com/devnews/waterwheelcentrenorthville0100.aspx

<lsiegel at cpeo.org>