2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Grief Brothers site, Cullman, Alabama

City finalizes purchase of Grief Bros. property

By Trent Moore
The Cullman Times (AL)
April 17, 2009

Cullman city officials have finalized plans to purchase the 12-acre Grief Bros. property on Second Avenue downtown, where a new police station is already under construction.

Townson said some city offices may eventually be moved to the site in the coming years and noted older buildings on the property will likely be torn down.

"We plan to eventually move the garage on Eva Road to a more suitable building there," Townson said. "We'll probably end up demolishing a lot of those buildings and just salvaging what we can. A lot of times it's cheaper to just build a new, better building for what you could remodel an old one for."

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/local_story_107220125.html