2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:00:04 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: RE: [Fwd: RE: Illinois proposal for disclosure of watercontamination]]

From: Boss, Randy R NWD02 <Randy.R.Boss@usace.army.mil>

This discussion might be fairly approached in the following way. The new owner of a 'Brownfields property should have an upper monetary limit that he/she should pay for to do proper remediation as the property is developed.

Beyond that monetary limit, the previous owner should then be held responsible. With that approach, the new buyer could categorize the development costs no matter how much pollution is eventually found at the site.