2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: Question about school siting in Wisconsin]

From: LAURA SENIER <senier@wisc.edu>

I have been a subscriber to the Brownfields list for about a year now, and have found it very helpful and informative.

I am a new faculty member at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and am interested in launching a research project about school construction and environmental contamination. Although I know of some high-profile cases in other states, where schools have been built on top of former dump sites, I would like to know if there are similar cases in the state of Wisconsin. I know of one school in Kenosha (near Milwaukee) but am surprised not to have found more. If you know of any such cases, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Many thanks,

Laura Senier, MPH, PhD
Department of Community and Environmental Sociology
Department of Family Medicine
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1450 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706