2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:05:38 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Griffin Pipe plant, Florence, Pennsylvania

New life for old pipe plant?

By: ED MOORHOUSE
Burlington County Times (PA)
January 24, 2010

FLORENCE - A sign indicates where the Griffin Pipe plant is on West Front Street, but as one township official said last week, the site is "a shell of what it was."

The future of that shell was discussed at a recent Township Council meeting and officials are moving forward with studying redevelopment opportunities at the 200-year-old foundry that ceased production 13 months ago.

"Rather than see it sit there, we want to empower Griffin to redevelop it or sell it," Township Administrator Richard Brook said last week. "We want to create incentive for them."

On Wednesday the council approved a resolution that authorizes a preliminary redevelopment study of the 160-acre site.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/26/2010/january/24/new-life-for-old-pipe-plant/print.html