2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:07:09 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Court rules Lighthouse Pointe (NY) developers should be in brownfield program

Court rules that developers should be in brownfield program

Steve Orr
Rochester Democrat & Chronicle (NY)
February 18, 2010

New York's highest court has ordered state environmental officials to allow a local development group into the brownfield cleanup program, a decision that paves the wave for a huge $250 million residential and commercial development along the Genesee River in Irondequoit.

"This is a great victory for our community. Now, the Lighthouse Pointe developers can remediate a contaminated landfill through the Brownfield Cleanup Program, and turn it into a gem for our community, including a waterfront promenade for the public, restaurants and housing," said the developer's Rochester lawyer, Alan Knauf.

In a unanimous decision released this morning, the state Court of Appeals ruled that the Department of Environmental Conservation had wrongly refused to admit Lighthouse Pointe Associates to the brownfield cleanup program.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100218/NEWS01/100218010/1002/NEWS