2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:48:03 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Edgewater Steel site, Oakmont, Pennsylvania

Onorato celebrates groundbreaking on Historic Brownfield in Oakmont

Barb Hickey
Pittsburgh City Buzz Examiner (PA)
March 3, 2010

Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato and Edgewater Properties today celebrated the beginning of construction on the former . The 34-acre brownfield will be transformed into a new traditional neighborhood along the Allegheny River with single-family homes, townhouses, parks, walkways, and tree-lined streets.

"Today, we celebrate another successful public-private partnership that will turn a dormant brownfield into a beautiful riverfront community with great amenities," said Onorato. "When I became County Executive in 2004, my goal was to breathe new life into old industrial sites that had been sitting inactive and unproductive for decades. Six years later, we have reclaimed and redeveloped hundreds of acres of brownfields, returning them to active economic, residential, and recreational uses. These sites are back on the tax rolls, creating jobs and generating revenue. Allegheny County is proud to have played a role in making Edgewater at Oakmont a reality."

http://www.examiner.com/x-17696-Pittsburgh-City-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m3d3-Onorato-celebrates-groundbreaking-on-Historic-Brownfield-in-Oakmont