2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:10:25 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] North Point Town Center, Jacksonville, Florida

North Point Town Center to bring new look to Northwest Jacksonville
Source

By David Bauerlein
Florida Times-Union
November 17, 2010

The $3.5 million building that will rise up from an abandoned piece of property at the junction of Moncrief Road and Myrtle Avenue won't look anything like the surrounding northwest Jacksonville neighborhood.

That's by design, said Paul Tutwiler, executive director of the Northwest Jacksonville Community Development Corp.

"It's essential that we take a community built in the 1930s and 1940s into the 21st century, which is where we should be," Tutwiler said Wednesday.

Tutwiler was joined Wednesday by Mayor John Peyton, Sheriff John Rutherford and City Council member E. Denise Lee for a "retail revitalization" ceremony touting upcoming construction of the North Point Town Center. He said the two-story, 10,600-square-foot building should be finished by the end of next summer.

http://jacksonville.com/business/2010-11-17/story/north-point-town-center-bring-new-look-northwest-jacksonville