2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:55:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Fwd: California’s Vapor Intrusion Guidance

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dan Gallagher <dgallagh@dtsc.ca.gov>

Vapor Intrusion Interested Parties,

The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) recently posted two newly revised vapor intrusion guidance documents on our website.

DTSC generated our interim final Vapor Intrusion Guidance (VIG) in 2004 due to growing national concern about this exposure pathway.  DTSC received more than 370 public comments on the Guidance and a Response to Comments document was generated and posted on our website.  The VIG was revised pursuant to the public feedback and updated to reflect the current scientific understanding of the pathway.  The VIG companion document, Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Advisory (VIMA), was generated in April 2009 and remained open to public comment through the autumn of 2009.  DTSC revised VIMA in response to comments received and is issuing Version 1 of VIMA in conjunction with finalizing the VIG.

The revised VIG and VIMA documents can be found at:

Also, please note that DTSC will complete our Vapor Intrusion Public Participation Advisory and revised Active Soil Gas Investigation Advisory by year-end.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email me.

Dan Gallagher
Senior Engineering Geologist
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive