2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:41:36 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Press release for Ontario, Ohio GM redevelopment

Press Release
Hilco Trading
August 22, 2012

The Brownfield Communities Development Company (BCDC), a joint venture company between Northbrook-based Hilco Trading LLC and Miami- based developer, The Adler Group, has announced that it has entered into an agreement with The RACER (Revitalizing Auto Communities Environmental Response)Trust to purchase and develop the former GM Mansfield-Ontario Stamping Plant in Ontario, Ohio.

At a press conference held at the massive former GM plant, Jeffery B. Hecktman, CEO of Hilco Trading, LLC said: "Hilco is proud to be a partner in this deal and we're delighted to serve as a catalyst for an economic revitalization of the entire region." The BCDC group plans to redevelop the historic single purpose facility into a modern, accessible, multi-tenant corporate park. "We believe that this redevelopment will meet the needs of businesses so they can compete in today's global market place," added Hecktman.

For the entire release, see
http://www.financialpost.com/markets/news/Chicago+Based+Hilco+Reaches +Agreement+Develop+Former+Facility+Ohio/7129383/story.html