2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Gahanna "Gives Brownfield Cleanup Money To Ohio"

Local Community Gives Brownfield Cleanup Money To Ohio

By Rick Reitzel
NBC 4 TV News (Columbus area,. Ohio)
October 30, 2012

Gahanna planning and development director said rules pertaining to brownfield grant money from the US EPA were too difficult for developers to succeed.

"We worked hard to get access to the funds and worked hard to get people aware of those funds available," said Anthony Edward Jones.

He said they had two applications for those funds, but unfortunately they were turned down at the federal level.

"We had two options with the $1 million grant that was expiring at the end of the year. Give it back to the EPA or to the Ohio Development Services Agency where the funds could still be used locally," Jones said.

For the entire sstory, see
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/oct/30/2/local-community-gives- brownfield-cleanup-money-ohi-ar-1222491/