2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 18:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Clarksburg, West Virginia developments

Developers Turn Clarksburg Brownfields Into Businesses

By Christian Flores
WBOY TV-12 News (Clarksburg, WV)
April 30, 2013

Here's a riddle: what do a grocery store, a construction supply warehouse, and a pepper distributor have in common? They all started as abandoned factories. Save-A-Lot, Valley Supply, and Oliverio's Italian Style Peppers are all former Brownfield sites, and one Clarksburg official said they have helped the economy.

"One, we've created a service industry here in Clarksburg, but also we've created jobs," said Clarksburg Mayor Patsy Trecost. "And by creating jobs, we've made it more appetizing and inviting for people to come here and work, play and live. And that's our goal; that's our main goal as a municipality."

Trecost and City Manager Martin Howe said the three businesses have created at least 120 jobs, and brought in at least $15 million in investment from developers. But residents are not the only ones to benefit.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.wboy.com/story/22122395/developers-turn-clarksburg-brownfields-into-businesses

278-A Hope Street