2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:24:27 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] VOCs: "EPA meeting on Hopewell Precision [New York] Superfund site frustrates residents"

EPA meeting on Hopewell Precision Superfund site frustrates residents
Congress won't pay for fix

by John Ferro
Poughkeepsie Journal (NY)
January 18, 2014

HOPEWELL JUNCTION - In the wake of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s first meeting in the Hopewell Precision Superfund site in more than four years, there is sharper focus on a potential solution.

But while the residents now have a better idea of what the best fix for their chemically contaminated groundwater may be, there still is no indication it will be implemented anytime soon.

The notion that a likely remedy lies within a short distance of their homes - but still lacks the financial support from Congress - sparked frustration, exasperation and pleas for help.

"I'm tired of waiting," resident Anne Kover said during Thursday night’s meeting at the East Fishkill Fire District headquarters. "I'm very tired."

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20140118/NEWS04/301180024/- EPA-meeting-Hopewell-Precision-Superfund-site-frustrates-residents