2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 00:39:53 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Piqua, Ohio riverfront redevelopment

Downtown riverfront redevelopment project ,,, a game changer

Gary Huff, Piqua City Manager
Piqua Daily Call (OH)
February 7, 2014

Earlier this week after months of planning, we publicly unveiled the Concept Plan for the Downtown Riverfront Redevelopment Project. I truly believe this project can be a "Game Changer" for the Piqua community by inspiring both public and private investment for river recreational enhancements, new commercial and retail business opportunities, and downtown living places. The benefits to the community could ultimately result in added investments, attraction of businesses and jobs, new residents, and many more visitors to the city. This ultimately means increased community prosperity and wealth.

The development of the river corridor is not a new idea. The Great Miami River has always been recognized as a tremendous asset. The unanswered question has been how to take advantage of the river for maximum benefit to the Piqua community. Thus, we began our quest months ago to find a solution to this enigma.

http://www.dailycall.com/news/editorials/3576924/Downtown-riverfront- redevelopment-project--a-game-changer